Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Positive thoughts needed for Kiki

Katie Cat visited the vet this weekend for what we thought was a urinary tract infection. She'd had one once before, and was exhibiting the same symptoms again. I won't say any more about that out of respect for Katie and her right to privacy. That's her information to share on her own blog, if she chooses. They weren't able to get a urine sample, so we are still unsure as to her status as far as that's concerned.

However, the poor girl was found to have TWO ear infections AND a crack in her tooth that went all the way up into her gums, which were showing signs of infection. !!!! To explain the tooth a bit, when we found her three years ago, she was missing her right eye tooth. It had been professionally removed. Sometimes, the lower tooth pokes her lip and gives her a cute little Elvis look. The left eye tooth was chipped, but the vet said it didn't seem to be causing her any pain and it would hopefully stay that way. Obviously, it didn't.

So, positive thoughts are appreciated by all (I *love* to make references to the legions of readers I have, ha!) this morning as Kiki has this tooth removed, her teeth polished and her gums scaled (pretty invasive cleaning of the gums that I have unfortunately experienced for myself). I hate to think of her under anesthesia and being scared. Please hope that they don't find any "surprises" (other teeth/mouth issues) that need to be addressed. They are also going to try to get a sample to see about the urinary tract infection. Her symptoms seem better, but we just want to be sure.

Brian took her in to the vet this morning. Apparently, before they took her, he said "Go get 'em, Kiki." Not exactly what I would have said, but I like the sentiment.

I'll update once I hear anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kiki, you tell that tooth who's boss!