... and not a happy camper (understandably so). But, the surgery went as planned. They had a little difficulty getting the tooth out, so a drill was involved. :( She has stitches, but it's a precarious area to stitch and there's a chance that there will always be a hole where the tooth was. Likely not noticeable to anyone but Katie, and she'd just get used to it. However, the other side healed fine, so I hope she does just as well this time around. She'll go back for a follow up visit next week.
The vet is definitely smart, but lacks a bit of warmth in her communication. She called and launched into all the technical aspects of the surgery, which I wanted to know, but didn't address what I wanted to know most of all until I asked "How is Katie doing?" She said Katie was doing okay, and definitely does not seem to like being there. Ya think? At least she's a great vet/surgeon!
Brian will pick up Katie as soon as possible, hopefully around 2:30 or 3. She'll have some pain medication and care instructions. I'll try to post a photo of the sweet little patient tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh what a brave kitty!!! So glad everything went ok. I hope Katie is back home and getting waited on hand and paw. I bet Johnny is glad to have her back home too.
Good job Kiki! Now you heal up and feel back to your spunky self soon!
Post a Comment