Monday, December 22, 2008

Easy herbs



I interrupt my animal posts for an exciting post about GARLIC. I found a new little cooking treasure. Little freezer trays of crushed garlic cubes. They are so easy to use! Just pop one or two out of the tray and voila! They are made by Dorot and can be found at Trader Joe's in the frozen food aisle. For $1.99!

It cracks me up when commercials include the specifics of where you should find something. "You can find our fabulous soup in the the soup aisle of many fine retailers." Wow, really? I think that time and money could have been spent a little more wisely.

Back to garlic! All Dorot herbs are freshly frozen and retain their natural flavor and aroma. They are the real thing. No preservatives. No cholesterol. No trans fat acids. No food coloring.

The company also offers:

Crushed Ginger
Chopped Basil
Chopped Parsley
Chopped Coriander (Cilantro)
Chopped Dill
Chopped Mint
Chopped Red Chili Peppers

I am not (opposed to) receiving compensation for providing this message.

2 comments:

Razzle said...

Very informative post!! I have seen those little cubettes but have never tried them. Sounds really convenient! So what were you cooking? And I laughed at your comment about us dog-sitting this weekend! hehehe. I hope Fritz isn't jealous - he knows he is welcome ANY time!

SMES said...

Awesome! I definitely have to check these out. Thanks! :)