
Four-and-a-half long hours later, the would-be owner replied: “Can I come over tonight?” And 45 minutes later, she arrived! I whisked her back to the bathroom (as I do all guests). She loved Tommy (no surprise there).
His neutering surgery was the following day. I’d been feeling guilty about scheduling this since we hadn’t even found a home for yet. But it seemed like things were finally falling into place. The would-be owner and I agreed that it would be best for him to have a few days of rest post-surgery, but tentatively talked about them taking him to his new home on Saturday. (!!!)
When she left, I felt like the weight off a Hummer had been lifted off of me—and I danced around like a crazy person.
Tommy came through the surgery with flying colors. It was sad to see the note on his carrier said “store room.” I realize he had to be kept separate, but it’s sad to think of the poor guy recovering from surgery in a store room. Despite his day, he seemed to be feeling good about things. He was 2+ pounds heavier than two weeks earlier and his fur was getting thicker and softer. And he had good reason to be feeling so good...
This past Saturday, Tommy went to his new home! He has a great family, including at least three pre-teen/teen kids doting on him. They came to pick him up with the father and the kids were SO excited to meet him and get him home. And he has a cat-loving dog brother. It was bittersweet to say goodbye, but so wonderful to know that he was going to be cared for by this great family (who also reimbursed us for most of our expenses, which was very generous and unexpected).
Last report was that “Tyler” was settling in fine and enjoying sitting on the back of the sofa, looking out of his Lincoln Park picture window. I hope he enjoys the view for many years to come.
And has he been spraying?
Are you kidding me? You actually think I would bring that up?! ;) Let’s just say that they promised to get in touch if things weren’t working out. So, while I hope to get another update...for now, no news is great news. Tommy has a home and a great new family. In the words of Sheri: Yahooooooooo!!!!! My thoughts exactly.
Thank you to all who helped us along the way!

2 comments:
YAY for Tommy aka Tyler!!! Wow - what a crazy saga it all was - but with a happy ending.
Quote of the day: I whisked her back to the bathroom (as I do all guests). LOL!
Glad the surgery went fine and Tyler now has a happy home. Here's hoping for no "news" other than a "things are working out great!". It's scary to think of what may have been if Tommy/Tyler hadn't bumped into you that day. And now, he's happy and secure sitting on the back of the couch looking out on Lincoln Park. Pretty amazing actually.
wow! Look at that post above ^
You know your blog has made it big when you start getting SPAM!
Post a Comment